Community policing occurs where Gardaí and members of the community and statutory and voluntary agencies work together to:
· Prevent crime
· Prevent anti-social behaviour
· Reduce the fear of crime
· Promote inter-agency problem solving
· Bring offenders to justice
· Improve the overall quality of life
Aims of Community Policing
· To provide the people in an area with their own dedicated Garda, someone with whom they can discuss everyday occurrences and build up a strong and supportive personal relationship.
· To help the residents of an area to prevent crime by supporting crime prevention initiatives such as Neighbourhood Watch and Community Alert.
· To work with other social agencies in an area to help curb crime and vandalism.
If you have problems in your estate with anti-social behaviour contact the Community Garda.
Kilkenny Garda Station
Tel: +353 56 772 2222
fax: +353 56 775 1507