Housing Aid For Older People
The Housing Aid for Older People Scheme is a means tested grant used to improve the condition of an older person’s home. In general the scheme is aimed at people 60 years of age and above.
The type of work which is grant aided includes:
· structural repairs or improvements
· re-wiring, repair or replacement of windows and doors
· the provision of water, sanitary services and heating
· cleaning and painting
· radon remediation
· re-wiring and any other repair or improvement work considered necessary
Many older people may be eligible for the scheme; however, priority will be given to people on the basis of financial need.
The grant can be paid to people in:
· Owner occupied housing
· Houses being purchased from a local authority under the tenant purchase scheme
The grant will not be paid if you start work before the grant is approved. However, it is expected that the work will start within 6 months of your grant approval.
Kilkenny County Council on Tel 056 7794000 Fax 056 - 7794004
This scheme is now closed and the Housing Section of your Local Authority will not accept application forms until the scheme is reopened in early January 2012. Contact the Housing Section of your Local Authority for more information about how to apply and about the eligibility rules in your area.