Half-Rate Carer’s Allowance

If you are getting a social welfare payment or you are a qualified adult on your spouse’s or partner’s payment and if either of you now need full-time care you may qualify for a half rate carer’s allowance payment. This half-rate carer’s allowance payment is means tested. If you qualify for this payment you will still keep your existing social welfare payment.
For more information on the Carer’s Allowance payment contact your local Citizens Information Centre or Social Welfare Office.
Kilkenny Social Welfare Office
T  056 772 0350
Thomastown Social Welfare Office
T 056 775 4080